Free Trade Agreement
Essay Preview: Free Trade Agreement
Report this essay
In the meantime, both Colombian and US business people have important things to do to take advantage of the agreement. The Colombian market has nearly 50 million people and represents, in terms, of national GDP, one of the bigger economies in Latin America. The agreement has an important impact on the US labor and on the productive industry, without mention, for the governments side the importance of having harmonized relationships with, perhaps, the most important US ally in the hemisphere.
There are important opportunities in Colombia in the services sector; financial services, Business Process Outsourcing and construction. Important manufacturers will take advantage of the agreement as the automotive industry.
There is an unique opportunity in order to consolidate markets and open new ones in cities like Bogota, Medellin, Cali and Bucaramanga. Hopefully, for the sake of both economies, the FTA will be in force soon.
Types of advertising:
Any medium can be used for advertising, and I am going to name the most popular types.
1. Television advertising: the TV commercial is generally considered the most effective mass-market advertising format; a brand put its advertisement in a television channel and pays for this service.
2. Infomercials: An infomercial is a long-format television commercial, typically five minutes or longer. The difference is that infomercials describe, show and demonstrate products and their features, and commonly have testimonials from consumers and industry professionals. The audience see the advertisement, take the telephone number, call to the company and bye the product.
3. Radio advertising: Radio advertising is a form of advertising through of radio. The advantage of this type of advertising is that Radio is an expanding medium that can be found not only on air, but also online. For example in USA more than 93 percent listen Radio.
4. Online advertising: Online advertising is a form of promotion that uses the Internet and World Wide Web with the purpose of delivering marketing messages to attract customers.
5. Product placements: Covert advertising, also known as guerrilla advertising, is when a product or brand is embedded in entertainment and media. For example, in a film Blade Runner includes some of the most obvious product placement; the whole film stops to show a Coca-Cola billboard.
6. Press advertising: describes advertising in a printed medium such as a newspaper, magazine, or trade journal. This encompasses everything from media with a very broad readership base, such as a major national newspaper or magazine.
7. Billboard advertising: Billboards are large structures located in public places which show advertisements to audience; it is very common in ways and roads.
8. In-store advertising is any advertisement