Chapter 1 Multipule choice questions:
1. The correct sequence of levels forming the structrul hierarchy is: (c) chemical, celluar, tissue, organ, organ system, organismal.
2. The structural and functional unit of life is: (A) a cell.
3. Which of the following is a major functional characteristic of all organisms: (E) all of these.
4. Two of these organ systems bear the major responsibility for ensuring homeostasis of the internal environment, which two: (A) nervous system, (D) endocrine system.
5. In (a) — (e) a directional term is followed by terms indicating different body structures or locations. In each case, choose the structure or organ that mates the given directional term:
(a) Distal: the elbow/the wrist
(b) lateral: the hip bone/ the umbilicus
(c) superior: the nose/the chin
(d) anterior: the toes/the heel
(e) superficial: the scalp/the skull
6. Assume that the body has been sectioned along three planes: the median sagittal, a frontal plane, and a transverse. Which organs would not be visible in all three cases: (c) Lungs, (d) Kidneys
7. Relate each of the following conditions or statements to either the dorsal body cavity or the ventral body cavity:
(a) Surrounded by the bony skull and the vertebral column [Dorsal]
(b) Includes the thoracic and abdominopelvic cavities [Ventral]
(c) Contains the brain and spinal cord [Dorsal]
(d) Contains the heart, lungs, and digestive organs. [Ventral]
8. Which of the following relationships is incorrect:
(b) Parietal pericardium/outer surface of heart
9. Which ventral cavity subdivsion has no bony protection: (b) abdominal cavity.
10. Terms that apply to the backside of the body in the anatomical position include:
(c) posterior; dorsal
(d) medial; lateral
Chapter 2 Multipule choice questions:
1. Which of the following forms of energy are in use during vision?
2. All of the following are examples of the